Hello Friends of Waldoch Farm
(Last updated 6/19/2020 we will continue to have updates here or join our email list for the most current information on how COVID-19 is affecting our business.)
We hope everyone is taking the necessary precautions to keep each other safe.
We are still limiting the number of customers allowed in the store at one time and asking customers to be mindful of social distancing and to wear face coverings while shopping on the farm. There are still a lot of beautiful plants and we welcome you to come see what else we have growing.
Starting Father's Day Weekend, we are having a 25% off sale on Hanging Baskets, Pack Annuals, Vegetable Plants, and select hard goods! This Sale ends on July 3rd – hurry in!
We will continue to offer Online Ordering for flowers with pick up days on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, with No-contact curbside pick-up.
We have adapted and will continue the following practices for visiting Waldoch Farm and Garden Center:
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask or bandana covering their mouth AND nose.
- All cart handles will be sanitized between uses and carts will be fully sanitized each day.
- We ask that only one person per household shops at the farm, but no more than two. This will assist us with social distancing.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged, extra precautions will be taken at check out.
- Customers and team members will remain 6 feet apart.
- The Joyer Barnyard will remain closed for the foreseeable future
We have made some changes to our 2020 event calendar for the rest of the season:
- We have planted the sunflower field to bloom in late August. This is later than last year's Sunflower Festival. We are still waiting on guidance on how to host an outdoor event this summer. We are hopeful we will be able to have some resemblance of last year's festival.
- The Garden Tour and Corn Feed has been cancelled. We put on this event as a part of Blue Heron Days, Lino Lakes Community event and Lino Lakes has canceled the Blue Heron Days festival in August. We will follow Lino Lakes' lead and not host the Garden Tour this year.
- Salsa Making Demonstrations have been cancelled. With social distancing guidelines the event would not be as hands on as we like it to be.
- Honey Bee Experience has been cancelled. With social distancing guidelines the event would not be as interactive as we like it to be.
Current Retail Store Hour are:
- Monday through Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Closed on the 4th of July
- Hours are subjet to change
Keep a lookout for the arrival of other fresh vegetables from the Farm. We have garlic scapes, cucumbers, and occasionally tomatoes, available until sold out each day. Sadly, our pea crop has been harvested by a destructive family of geese this year and we will not have any to pick. We are still figuring out how and if we will open the fields to Pick Your Own Customers. Hopefully the Roadstand will be fully stocked by mid-July.
Joy in the garden,
Mary, Kathy, Andrew, and Doug and the whole Waldoch Farm Family
A Growing Experience Since 1916
Waldoch Farm is a family run Garden Center providing top-quality plants, garden accessories, produce and fall fun to Lino Lakes and the surrounding communities. We are located 20 minutes north of Minneapolis / St. Paul.
Our Mission: To be the community's connection to all things garden. Our wish is to inspire and cultivate a desire to grow things that make our corner of the world beautiful and dining tables delicious.
We offer a family friendly environment, come for an hour or spend the day. You can get a glimpse of farm animals at the adjoining barnyard, too!
Articles we are featured in:
Area greenhouses adapt to COVID-19
Quad Community Press | April 21, 2020
Century-old Waldoch Farm is always adapting
Country Folks Grower | November 25, 2019
Rooted in Edibles
Land and garden retailer | May 2017
What William planted, descendants cultivate
Forest Lake Times | September 1, 2016
- People in Lino Lakes and surrounding communities have been eating the produce grown at Waldoch Farm for decades.
North Metro TV Video | September 11, 2015
- Lorrie Lean with The Daily 6
Daily6.com | October 10, 2016
Waldoch Farm Makes Historic Century Farm List
Quad Community Press| June 14, 2016
Waldoch Farm Garden Center to celebrate 100th year
Quad Community Press | April 25, 2016
- Lino Lakes Corn Maze Celebrates 99th Year with Flashlights, Corn Cannon
CTN Coon Rapids | October 14, 2015
- Spooky Halloween
NPR | October, 2015
Waldoch Farm celebrates another year of family farming
Quad Community Press | September 14, 2014
Country Folks Grower | February 24, 2011
Learning and Growing
Grower Talks | July 15, 2010
Meet Your Neighbors Doug and Andrew Joyer
Quad Community Press | July 14, 2009
Waldoch Farm Tradition Remains
Forest Lake Times | April 5, 2007
Family Farm Continues to Grow From Deep Roots
Quad Community Press | April 25, 2006
Calendar of Events
- Weekdays: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Weekends: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- We are still taking orders online
for pickup with pick up days on Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
We have planted the sunflower field to bloom in late August. We are hopeful we will be able to have some resemblance of last year's festival.
Current retail store hours
Store hours are subject to change
The Joyer Barnyard will remain closed for the foreseeable future.