The Grandpa's Roadstand is our Farm Market
With Grandpa's Roadstand open we are asking you to be mindful of social distancing by following the one-way flow of customers in front of Grandpa's Roadstand and to wear face coverings while shopping at Grandpa's Roadstand, and even in the pick your own produce fields. Each day we are checking the fields for freshly ripened produce to stock the recently opened Grandpa's Roadstand. Items that are ripening daily include; sweet corn, slicing cucumbers, green beans, potatoes, kohlrabi, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers and vine ripened tomatoes. We have been busy on the farm growing fresh vegetables for you. This year has been physically distant, but the food from the farm is local.
We will continue the following practices for visiting Waldoch Farm and Garden Center:
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask or bandana covering their mouth AND nose.
- All cart handles will be sanitized between uses and carts will be fully sanitized each day.
- Maintain physical distancing from guests and staff.
- Follow the one way signs.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged, extra precautions will be taken at check out.
- No eating or drinking
- Wash your hands
- The Joyer Barnyard will remain closed for the foreseeable future
In June some of the first crops available are Sugar Snap Peas, Slicing Cucumbers, and Kohlrabi. We get very excited when the first tomatoes start coming in late June. As the growing season continues into July, we slowly add over 22 different varieties of veggies as they mature and ripen. The crops are first sold at Grandpa’s Roadstand, until there is enough quantity in the fields for Pick and Play.
- Sweet Corn is being picked daily
- Pickling Cucumbers: a single peck to several bushels call (651) 780-1207 to get on the list.
- You can order cucumbers to be picked in the following sizes:
- Peppers: we grow 20,000 pepper plants of 39 different varieties. It typically takes us 2 days to plant them all.
- Watermelon and Muskmelon! Soooo goooood.
- Wide variety of Winter Squash
- Honey from the fields of Waldoch Farm
|2-3” cucumbers:||Great for baby pickles or sweet pickles|
|2-3 ½” cucumbers|
|Field Run 2-4” cucumbers:||Our favorite, good range of sizes. You can use the 4” ones to stuff the bottom of the jar and the 2” to fill in the top of the jar.|
|Bread and Butter cucumbers:||great for slicing or pickle spears.|
We grow a lot of different crops; they are not always in season and can sell out during the day. Something unique to Waldoch Farm is our fields are on the same land as the Garden Center and most days we can just drive out and pick more if Grandpa’s roadstand needs more. Now that is fresh!
List of grown crops: Green and Wax Beans, Cabbage, Cucumbers, Dill, Egg Plant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Kusa, Muskmelon, Okra, Peas, Many varieties of Peppers - Hot and Sweet, Potatoes, Pie Pumpkins, Gourds, Summer Squash, Sweet Corn, Cherry Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Watermelon, Winter Squash, Zucchini, and even Winter Squash Blossoms if you ask nice.
Credit Cards encouraged